Incomplete erection – causes and manifestations
Erectile dysfunction is a condition in which a man is not able to achieve or maintain the necessary level of erection in order to carry out a full sexual intercourse. Incomplete erection, according to researchers, may be considered an early sign of chronic diseases.
Causes of incomplete erection
Insufficient erection is considered a multifactorial problem. Erectile dysfunction can occur with the following diseases:
- coronary heart disease;
- oncological diseases of the prostate;
- urinary tract infections;
- trauma or radical surgery on the pelvic organs;
- spinal cord and spinal cord injuries;
- nicotine addiction;
- adverse effects of environmental factors;
- sedentary lifestyle;
- taking drugs that reduce erection;
- taking anabolic steroids among patients involved in sports;
- atherosclerosis of blood vessels;
- hormonal imbalance;
- emotional overstrain;
- heavy physical exertion;
- dissatisfaction with the partner or her actions;
- intense fear of accidental pregnancy;
- prolonged sexual abstinence;
- organic age-related changes.
Manifestations of incomplete erection
The weakening of an erection is characterized by insufficient hardening of the penis, its full increase and elasticity are not achieved. All this makes intercourse difficult. A weak erection does not always indicate a decrease in libido, more often it is a manifestation of organic diseases. The following symptoms can indicate the root cause of a decrease in erection:
- Increased urination, pulling pains in the lower abdomen indicate infectious urological diseases, herpes, prostatitis.
- Prostatitis provokes premature ejaculation.
- Short-term sexual intercourse in combination with pain indicates inflammation of the seminal tubercle.
- Unstable erection in the morning and the absence of spontaneous erection indicates vascular causes of the disease.
- The safety of morning and evening erections with erectile dysfunction just before sex indicates the psychological origin of the problem.
- A testosterone deficiency is indicated by an incomplete erection with a decrease in libido, a decrease in the duration of sexual intercourse, and dulling of sensations from sex.
Therapy of reduced erection should be aimed at its root cause. Depending on the reasons that caused a decrease in erection, a wide range of medical and non-medical therapeutic methods is used:
In the event that a variable erection is caused by psychological problems, eliminating stressful situations and psychotherapy with a specialist is enough to completely eliminate the problem. If necessary, sedatives are prescribed to reduce the patient’s anxiety level.
If the decrease in erectile function is caused by diabetes mellitus, adequate hypoglycemic therapy, diet, and regular exercise are important.
Prostate diseases require complex treatment with antibacterial, blood-normalizing drugs, shock-wave techniques, and massage of the prostate gland.
Atherosclerosis and cardiovascular diseases require strict implementation of the medical and preventive prescriptions of the doctor, maintaining the target level of blood pressure, and monitoring blood parameters such as cholesterol and glucose.
Bad habits must be ruled out.
Obesity and a sedentary lifestyle as a cause of erectile dysfunction require gradual weight loss, normalization of diet and regular moderate exercise.
An important role in therapy has a lifestyle, since its changes in some cases can completely solve the problem. For the prevention and treatment of erectile dysfunction, it is recommended:
- Quit bad habits – minimize alcohol consumption and stop smoking.
- Observe the regime of work and rest – daily eight-hour sleep, the alternation of activities and regular breaks in work.
- Avoid stressful situations.
- Regularly engage in sports, special gymnastics or yoga in moderation.
- Adhere to proper nutrition – diversify food, include more fresh fruits, vegetables, nuts, honey, dairy products, parsley, seafood in the diet.
- Have a regular sex life with one partner.