How to increase sperm count in men?
It is believed that the large volume of semen released during intercourse characterizes masculinity and strength. However, in the first place, insufficient production of seminal fluid indicates deviations in the health of the reproductive system. If the reason for the low production of sperm lies in a particular pathology, you need to consult a doctor and undergo a course of treatment.
The normal volume of ejaculate is 2 to 5 ml. If this indicator is less than the threshold value, then the doctor can diagnose the state of oligospermia. It is often a sign of decreased prostate and testicular function.
Those who are faced with such a diagnosis are interested in how to increase the sperm count. In most cases, lifestyle and dietary adjustments are sufficient. However, regardless of the reasons, if the condition of the sperm is of concern, you should see your doctor as soon as possible for qualified advice.
Factors affecting ejaculate volume
Consider two main groups of factors that determine the volume of sperm – the physiological characteristics of the body and behavioral reasons.
The first are:
- age – the older the man, the less the amount of sperm produced;
- chronic diseases and pathologies, such as obstruction of the vas deferens;
Of the behavioral reasons, the following should be noted:
- frequent sexual intercourse – sperm does not have time to accumulate in the required amount;
- low fluid intake;
- excessive consumption of alcohol and caffeine;
- physical and psychological stress;
- genital trauma;
- overheating, including in the bath and sauna. Doctors also do not recommend using heated seats in the car without the need;
- wearing tight underwear;
- unbalanced diet with a large amount of fatty, smoked, salty foods.
Reasons for the complete absence of sperm
The state of complete absence of sperm is called aspermia. There are three main types of this pathology:
- complete absence of sperm due to disturbances in the process of spermatogenesis;
- difficulty in the passage of sperm through the vas deferens;
- retrograde aspermia, which is expressed in the transfer of sperm into the bladder cavity.
- A frequent cause of aspermia is an untimely visit to a doctor, which does not allow timely detection and cure of sexually transmitted infections.
Disorders of spermatogenesis can occur as a result of congenital abnormalities. The cause of obstruction of the vas deferens is scar formation after surgery on the genitals. A decrease in semen volume during ejaculation is triggered by psycho-emotional stress.
How to increase sperm count
If the cause of insufficient spermogenesis does not lie in the plane of medical pathologies, you can resort to simple ways to increase sperm volume.
The increase in sperm volume, as well as libido and testosterone production, are positively influenced by foods containing zinc: seafood, especially oysters, lean meat, poultry, and dairy products.
The vitality of sperm is well influenced by the consumption of fresh vegetables, fruits and berries containing antioxidants: blueberries, cranberries, blackberries, apples, red beans, artichokes, and prunes. Sperm quantity and quality are also affected by the inclusion of legumes, pumpkin seeds, celery and nuts in the diet.
Vitamins and natural preparations
Doctors recommend how to increase the quantity and quality of sperm with the help of vitamin preparations and dietary supplements containing:
- vitamin D in an amount of 0.15 mcg / day improves overall tone and raises libido;
- vitamin C (at least 90 mg / day strengthens blood vessels, improves blood circulation, enhances erection;
- vitamin E (at least 200 mg / day if conception is planned) helps to improve sperm motility;
- vitamin A in an amount of 1 mg / day promotes sperm renewal and volume increase;
- folic acid, or vitamin B9 (from 0.4 to 5 mg / day when planning conception), has a positive effect on sperm morphology.
Sperm count is also affected by supplements containing the amino acids L-arginine, L-carnitine, and L-lysine.
Traditional medicine offers many recipes for increasing semen volume and improving potency. But before resorting to these methods, we recommend that you consult with your doctor. Otherwise, there is a high probability of harming the body, after which serious and long-term treatment will be required.
To strengthen the pelvic floor muscles at home, a set of Kegel exercises demonstrates a good result. As a result of regular exercise, you can achieve an improvement in the condition of the prostate, avoid premature ejaculation and increase ejaculate.
Sperm count also depends on the general condition of the body, so regular physical activity of moderate intensity should not be neglected.
Avoiding sexual activity for at least two days will result in a noticeable increase in ejaculate volume. The optimal abstinence period is 2 to 5 days. A longer interval is not recommended due to the risk of pelvic congestion.
What to do is not recommended
In no case should you take the advertised pills uncontrollably. At the initial stage, they can produce a strong effect, but in the future, especially if there are contraindications, they will harm health.